The following terms apply to all pages on ReminderMillie.
Last Updated: April 11, 2014
We reserve the right to change the nature of this relationship at any time and to revise this Agreement from time to time as we see fit. As such, you should check this Agreement periodically
Your use of our Services constitutes your binding acceptance of this Agreement, including any modifications that we make.
Some of the Services may be subject to additional posted conditions (“Additional Terms”). Your use of those Services is subject to those Additional Terms, which are incorporated into this Agreement by reference. In the event of an inconsistency between thisAgreement and any Additional Terms, the provisions of the Additional Terms shall control
We have the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions in our sole discretion at any time and for any reason without giving you any prior notice:
- Restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of our Services;
- Change, suspend or discontinue all or any part of our Services;
- Refuse, move or remove any material that you submit to our Site or any other Services for any reason;
- Refuse, move, or remove any content that is available on all or any part of our Services;
- Deactivate or delete your accounts and all related information and files in your account;
- Establish general practices and limits concerning use of our Services.
You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions. You understand and agree that our Services may include communications such as service announcements and administrative or legal notices from us. Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving these notices from ReminderMillie.
You also agree to receive messages from our partners and understand that these communications are considered part of our Services. You may opt out of receiving these messages and may modify other email and messaging preferences across our Services. You also understand that our Services may include advertisements.
Using Our Services
1. Becoming A Member And Registering On The Site.
1.1 Accessing the Site. THE SITE IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR ACCESS AND USE BY INDIVIDUALS EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER. BY ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE, YOU ARE CERTIFYING THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD.
1.2. A Special Notice to Minors. IF YOU ARE SEVENTEEN (17) YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY NOT COLLECT, USE, OR DISCLOSE ANY PERSONAL OR PAYMENT PROCESSING INFORMATION FROM YOU WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING VERIFIABLE CONSENT FROM A PARENT OR GUARDIAN, IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (“COPPA”). YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY ASK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ABOUT A PARENT OR GUARDIAN NECESSARY TO OBTAIN VERIFIABLE CONSENT UNDER COPPA, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A PARENT OR GUARDIAN’S NAME AND/OR EMAIL ADDRESS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST GIVE VERIFIABLE CONSENT, THROUGH ELECTRONIC-SIGNATURE OF A CONSENT FORM, EITHER DIRECTLY ON OUR SITE OR VIA EMAIL, BEFORE YOU CAN USE OUR SERVICES.
1.3. Becoming a Member. Once you register with us as a member, we consider you a “member” of the ReminderMillie community. The terms “member,” “membership,” and “account” all refer to this registration as a member on ReminderMillie and across our Services. Your membership and password are only valid for your personal, non-commercial use of the Site and all other parts of our Services.If you are merely surfing or browsing through the Site and have not yet registered to become a member, your use of the site is still subject to this Agreement; if you do not agree to this Agreement, do not use the Site or any other part of our Services. Please review these Additional Terms as they also form a binding part of our agreement with you.
1.3.2. Notification of Children’s Activities and/or Correspondence. In conjunction with a child’s use of a registered sub-account as described directly above, a member parent or guardian will be promptly notified whenever the child uses our Services, including, but not limited to, when the child uses our Services to directly message or otherwise communicate with a ReminderMillie member and/or Provider, as defined in Section 1.4 below; when the child uses our Services to facilitate the scheduling of a service appointment or purchasing of a product from any other ReminderMillie member and/or Provider; and when the child uses a parent or guardian’s authorized payment information with the ReminderMillie Payment System, as defined and referred to in Sections 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4 of this Agreement. All correspondence or other activity between a child’s sub-account and a ReminderMillie member and/or Provider shall be logged with the parent or guardian’s member account. Notification of such correspondence or activity will be provided to the parent or guardian’s registered email contact information in a copy-correspondence message. This feature cannot be revoked, altered, or otherwise removed from a child’s sub-account across our Services.
1.4. A Special Notice to Providers. If you use or intend to use your ReminderMillie membership for the purpose of advertising, distributing, or otherwise offering to sell a product or service in a manner reasonably similar to that of a Provider or merchant, you understand and agree that we will consider you a “Provider.” As a Provider, you understand that you are bound to this Agreement in full and are subject to any provisions within that apply to a member’s use of our Services.
1.4.1. By using our Services as a Provider, you confirm that you are either a legal resident of the United States, a United States citizen, or a business entity authorized to conduct business by the state(s) in which you operate. You may only use our Services as a Provider for business purposes in the fifty states of the United States of America and the District of Columbia.
1.4.2. As a Provider, you agree to comply with the E-Commerce provisions of this Agreement (Section 2), and agree to pay all applicable Fees as outlined therein while using the ReminderMillie Payment System (see Sections 2.2 and 2.3 specifically
1.5. Your Information.
1.5.2. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you are responsible for ensuring that the email address you submit to theSite as part of your registration and during the course of your membership is valid and that the services, software or systems you use to access your email (“email Systems”) do not block or filter the Site. Please note that your work email may be subject to additional limitations placed on its use by your employer. We ask that you use your personal email address when registering as a member. If you choose to register with your work email, or use an email system that interferes with the delivery of the Site, we may not be able to provide you with certain Services.
1.6. Your Password. During the registration process you will provide a unique username and/or registration number. We will also ask you to create a password. Because any activities that occur under your registration number or password are your responsibility it is important for you to keep your username and/or registration number and password secure. Notify us immediately if you believe that someone has used your username, registration number, or password without your authorization.
1.7. General Conditions.
1.7.1. ReminderMillie is not a supplier of the products or services offered by any member using our Services or our Site. ReminderMillie shall not be responsible for injury, pain, loss or damages suffered by any member in connection with any of the products or services arranged for and used through our Services. Fraud and abuse relating to the selling, marketing, distributing, and rendering of any products or services offered on our Site may result in the cancellation of your membership. Members, who enter into agreements with Providers for any of the products or services featured on the Site, are customers of that Provider and shall direct any queries or complaints pertaining to such product or services to that Provider. ReminderMillie shall not in any way be responsible for dealing with such queries or complaints.
1.7.2. ReminderMillie is not liable if it is unable to perform its obligations under thisAgreement, due directly or indirectly to the failure of any machine or communication system, industrial dispute, war, Act of God, or anything outside the control of the bank or its servants or agents. ReminderMillie shall not be responsible for any delay in the transmission to the bank of evidence of retail purchases by the participating merchants or any other third party. ReminderMillie reserves the right to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions at any time at its discretion without notice. ReminderMillie’s decision on all matters relating to your use of the Services is final and binding on the member. All information is accurate at the time of printing or posting online.
2.1. Placing Orders. After placing an order for a product or service offered by any Provider and/or member through the use of our Services, you authorize us to charge your account for our fees. Unless noted, fees are in US dollars; tax is additional. To the extent permitted by law, fees are nonrefundable, even for posts we remove. We may refuse purchases, which may place a hold on your account.
2.2. Payment System. The ReminderMillie Payment System (the “Payment System”) is operated by Braintree Payments, a division of PayPal, Inc. (“Braintree”). All payment transactions between you and any other ReminderMillie member for a service or product facilitated through our Services are paid directly between you and that member through the Payment System.ReminderMillie has no obligation to you regarding your participation in the Payment System. As a condition to your use of the Payment System, you agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless ReminderMillie, its officers, directors, agents, affiliates and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with the Payment System.
2.3. Fees. As a condition of creating an account on ReminderMillie and using our Services, you understand that an authorized credit card or debit card is required. As such, you understand and agree to ReminderMillie automatically billing your account 4.9% of the agreed-upon fee between you and any other member and/or Provider for any product or service facilitated through our Services, as well as a processing fee of thirty cents ($0.30) per transaction (hereinafter “Fees”).
2.4. Coupons and/or Vouchers. Pursuant to the General Conditions paragraphs above (1.5.1 and 1.5.2), you further understand that ReminderMillie does not issue refunds or returns arising from any cancellations, disputes, or any other disagreements, fraud, or abuse of the ReminderMillie Payment System or any agreed-upon fees between you and another Provider and/or member using our Services. Any such disputes are to be directed at the Provider and/or member from which you purchased the service or product on ReminderMillie. Providers and/or members contracting with you for the sale of products or services on ReminderMillie will be able to issue a coupon and/or voucher arising from any cancellations, disputes, disagreements, fraud, or any other abuse that will be redeemable by you for any future product or service for which you agree to purchase across our Services. These coupons and/or vouchers cannot be combined with any other discounts, package prices, or deals offered on ReminderMillie. Any coupon and/or voucher issued to you by another Provider and/or member on our Services is personal, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for cash, in whole or in part. In no event shall any reference to any coupon and/or voucher issued to you across our Services in connection with any product and/or service from any Provider and/or Member imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for your use of any coupon and/or voucher provided to you.
2.5. DISCLAIMER OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
2.5.1. THIS SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED BY REMINDERMILLIE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. REMINDERMILLIE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
2.5.2. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, REMINDERMILLIE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. REMINDERMILLIE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE; INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE; THEIR SERVERS; OR E-MAIL SENT FROM REMINDERMILLIE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. REMINDERMILLIE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
2.5.3. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS
3. Member Conduct.
3.1. Community Guidelines.
3.1.1. The Site contains areas that enable members of the community to communicate and share information, such as message boards, forums and other areas where you may interact with other members through posting or sharing of content (collectively the “Communication Tools”). When you use the Communication Tools, you may have the opportunity to disclose, post, or otherwise upload to publicly accessible portions of the Site, or share with other members, information and other content, including but not limited to biographical information, photographs and stories (collectively, the “Content”). While we may provide you with these tools and opportunities, we also wish to remind you that you should choose carefully which information you post on the Site and that you provide to other members.
3.1.3. The following Community Guidelines apply to and govern your use of the Communication Tools:
18.104.22.168. Do contribute responsibly in the forums;
22.214.171.124. Do treat others in the community with respect;
126.96.36.199. Do let us know if you come across Content that you find offensive, possibly unlawful, or that you believe otherwise violates these Community Guidelines;
188.8.131.52. Don’t upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available (“Provide”) any Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
184.108.40.206. Don’t Provide any Content that encourages a criminal offense or violates the rights of any party;
220.127.116.11. Don’t impersonate anyone else or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
18.104.22.168. Don’t participate in any unauthorized or unsolicited promotions, advertising, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation, or otherwise use the Site for a commercial purpose;
22.214.171.124. Don’t violate any applicable local, state, national and international law or regulation;
126.96.36.199. Don’t provide any correspondence from ReminderMillie or another party without such party’s permission;
188.8.131.52. Don’t interfere with, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Site or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
184.108.40.206. Don’t harass others;
220.127.116.11. Don’t use other members’ personal data for purposes other than establishing contact that is reasonably expected to be welcomed by the friend or acquaintance;
18.104.22.168. Don’t try to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other members’ accounts, or computers connected to the Site; and
22.214.171.124. Don’t post telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses in Content that is publicly accessible on the Site.
3.2. Monitoring and Enforcement. We may not actively monitor the message boards and other Communication Tools or the Content that is posted or provided through such tools, and we are not obligated to do so. Since we may not, and may not have the ability to control or actively monitor the Content, we don’t guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our Site, you may be exposed to Content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact our Support Team to let us know of Content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints that come to our attention. If we choose to investigate the complaint, we will take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the Content or terminating memberships. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. In such cases, we may not remove Content that you believe is objectionable or offensive. Please remember that you can always choose to refrain from using any part of the Site that exposes you to something that you are uncomfortable with. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any Content.
4. Submitting or Posting Content. When you participate in the ReminderMillie community you are granting ReminderMillie certain rights to use the Content you submit or post through the Site. By submitting Content you grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, non-terminable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, market, publish, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote such Content (in whole or in part) in any medium now known or hereafter devised, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes including, without limitation, the right to publish your name in connection with your Content; and the right to sublicense any or all of these rights. You acknowledge that ReminderMillie owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work or other derivative work created using or incorporating the Content. Please remember that you are ultimately responsible for all Content that you provide and you warrant and represent that (i) the Content does not and will not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation; and (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided in this Section 3, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Content, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and (iii) that each person depicted in any picture or photograph that you submit as part of the Content, if any, has provided consent to the use of the photograph. No compensation will be paid for the use of your Content, including, without limit, any photograph you may provide.
5. Termination and Cancellation. You may terminate your registration at any time by contacting our Support Team. If you have a dispute with us relating to the Site or the Services, you may cancel your registration or cease use of the Site. The cancellation of your membership or ceasing all use of our Site is your only remedy with respect to any such dispute that you may have with us. We will attempt to process all cancellation requests within seventy-two (72) hours after we receive your request. If you have purchased a fee-based Service from us, any such termination or cancellation is subject to the refund policy described in the Additional Terms. From time to time certain members do not comply with the terms and conditions in the Agreement. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you are not in compliance with the Agreement, we reserve the right to terminate your membership. Upon any termination or cancellation of your membership, we may immediately deactivate or delete your membership and all related information and/or bar any further access to your membership or information.
7. Copyright Infringement Policy.
7.1. In compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), ReminderMillie has established the procedure outlined below to address alleged copyright infringement on the Site. If you believe that your work has been copied and has been posted to this Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may provide ReminderMillie with notice of your complaint by providing ReminderMillie’s Designated Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
7.1.1. The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf:
7.1.2. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
7.1.3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, with information about its location reasonably specific to permit ReminderMillie to locate the material;
7.1.4. Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
7.1.5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
7.1.6. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
7.2. To be effective, your notification must be in writing and include the above information. The name of ReminderMillie’s Designated Copyright Agent may be obtained by contacting the ReminderMillie Support Team. ReminderMillie, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse additional Content from members who have posted allegedly infringing material, and/or delete the material, or to terminate such members’ accounts.
7.3. After receiving a notification, ReminderMillie will process and investigate the notification and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of a notification that complies or substantially complies with the DMCA (as set forth above), ReminderMillie will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity, and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. ReminderMillie will promptly take reasonable steps to notify the member that is the subject of the notification that it has removed or disabled access to such material.
7.4. If you are subject to a notification, you may provide us with a counter notification by providing our Designated Copyright Agent the following information in writing:
7.4.1. Your physical or electronic signature;
7.4.2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
7.4.3. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
7.4.4. Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which ReminderMillie may be found and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the initial notification of alleged infringement.
7.5. Upon receipt of a proper counter notification under the DMCA (as set forth above), ReminderMillie will promptly provide the person who provided the initial notification with a copy of the counter notification and inform that person that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in ten (10) business days. Additionally, ReminderMillie will replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it not less than ten (10), nor more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless ReminderMillie’s Designated Copyright Agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the initial notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Site.
8. Indemnification. You shall indemnify and hold harmless, and at ReminderMillie’s request defend, ReminderMillie, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, as well as the irrespective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and owners (each, an “Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, an allocation for in-house counsel, and other legal costs) arising out of your acts or omissions, including claims resulting from your use of the Site, your submission, posting or transmission of information or Content, or any breach of your obligations set forth in this Agreement. You shall reimburse each Indemnified Party on demand for any costs, expenses and liabilities incurred by such Indemnified Party to which this indemnity relates.
9. Choice of Law and Venue. The Agreement, your access and use of the Site and Services and the relationship between you and ReminderMillieis governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. ReminderMillie and you both agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Florida. You are responsible for complying with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ReminderMillie shall have the right to commence and prosecute any legal or equitable action or proceeding before any United States or non-United States court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive or other relief in ReminderMillie’s sole discretion. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action by you arising out of or related to use of the Site or the Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
10. Copyright and Trademark Notice. Site and its Contents Copyright (c) 2014ReminderMillie, all rights reserved. The domain name www.remindermillie.com, and all the brands of other ReminderMillieServices shown herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of ReminderMillie. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
11. Miscellaneous Terms. Our relationship is not one of agency or partnership and neither you nor ReminderMillie shall be deemed to be a partner, employee, fiduciary, agent or representative of the other by your use of the Site or our Services. You may not assign or transfer your rights to any third party. The terms and conditions in the Agreement are severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall still be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions. If ReminderMillie fails to enforce any provision of the Agreement it shall not constitute a waiver of such provision. As stated above, theAgreement may be modified only by ReminderMillieposting changes to the Agreement on the Site. Each time you access the Site, you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes in effect at the time of access. We may assign our rights and obligations under the Agreement. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of ReminderMillie’s successors, assigns and licensees. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce the strict performance of the other party with respect to any provision of the Agreement, or to exercise any right thereunder, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance; rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect. The Agreement, the Additional Terms below, the attachments thereto, and the documents incorporated by reference, constitute the entire understanding between us regarding your access to, license and use of the Site and our Services, and they supersede any prior agreements, statements or representations with respect to the same.
12. RESERVATION OF RIGHT TO CHANGE TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND OTHER SERVICES. We hereby reserve the right to change, amend or modify any and all terms, conditions, rules and regulations of any matter referenced herein at any time for any reason whatsoever.